• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

overhead options

AZRockRunner

Nobody
I have a 90 cherokee that I got in kinda rough shape. Alot of the interior is missing and torn up. The center overhead light in between the 2 front visors had some kind of plug in it but I cant figure out what. The device is still there but the end fell off. I was wondering if anyone knew what options jeep had in the 90 model year that went in there. Like maybe a clock, compass,.......... Any ideas???

Thanks

My '89 Laredo "had" a keyless entry sensor in that very same spot. A little printed circuit board in the space used to be covered by a tinted piece of plastic. FOB died, cover cracked, so it's going in favor of the CB mount.

The small open spot you have between the front visors is for keyless entry receiver.
If your Jeep came with the full overhead console, it would be pretty obvious with the headliner showing the outline of where the console used to be mounted and the cutout for the rear mounting bracket. However, it would be very easy to add an overhead console to your application.

Back