• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What sized lift when money grows on trees!?

99xjstl

NAXJA Forum User
So when i get out of school in november i want to garage my jeep and build it over the winter so.... I have a 4.5 RE with 33's which i love it but i wont to make it a sometimes driver and a offroader all the time. I looked at the 8" skyjacker, i dont know if i want to go that high. I looked at RE but i wish they made like a 6.5" i know i can make it that tall with the 5.5" but i want a full kit just put it together then im changing out axles and what not but any good prices on good lifts would be appreciated, i want to do trails and rocks so mud shit is a no go so wats the best lift????

Yea i was looking at that the other day when the say y link recomended 6.5-9" lift can you decided what size you want them to send you or what??? They dont have prices either

Read throught the description. It has prices too. 2079.95 for the complete kit. 899.95 for the LA's. The kit comes as described.

It also says it good for the 4.5-6.0" lifts as well.

You could also buy just the arms, and peice together the rest of the parts, like F&R springs, brake lines, shackles(if you want them), discos, ect...

If you are planning on doing axle swaps, the complete kit comes with U bolt eliminators. For the front, use the RE bracket kit.

RE sells larger springs then 5.5", you could just buy some longer springs like the 6.5" ones you want and just use those springs on the rest of the RE5.5" kit. I dont see why that wouldnt work.

oo7ravisXJ said:
RE sells larger springs then 5.5", you could just buy some longer springs like the 6.5" ones you want and just use those springs on the rest of the RE5.5" kit. I dont see why that wouldnt work.

agreed ^^

IMO 6" is the perfect height for an XJ. you can easily run 35's or 36's with some trimming.

there's a guy in my local club (and on here occasionally) with a nice XJ with around 7.5 inches of lift, TJ flares and 35s. so, it sits around a foot higher than a stock XJ does. I drool every time I see it ;)

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2291/jeep13gl7av.jpg
here are his lift specs...

>Front: 5.5" RE coils w/ 1.75 poly spacer, RE drop brackets and support braces, RE fixed arm's and extended SS brakelines.
>Rear: 6.5" Rusty's pack, 6* shimmed, sits at 7.5", stock shackle for now (but do have RE's 1.25 for when pack settles)

personally, I'd go with long arms if I was gonna do that much lift, but I plan on keeping it on 31s or 32s until I chop it (body damage has to occur before I'll chop it, though)

A brand new RE 5.5" kit sits 7-7.5" rear and 6-6.5" front right out of the box, and usually settles down to 6-6.5". I've run the RE 5.5" kit on several of my XJ's and have installed several on others rigs. I was running 37" MT/R's under my last XJ with a worn in RE 5.5" (6" settled). For 35's, I recommend the RE 5.5" kit, but instead of 4.5" ZJ coils, use 3.5" ZJ coils, and instead of the 4.5" packs, go for 3.5" packs. RE stuff sits a lot higher than advertised, even after broken in. If your jeep is going to be mostly for offroad, then make it more offroad friendly. Keep it low and wide, with the biggest tires possible. Your going to have to trim and bumpstop for 35's whether it be 5" or 8", and if it is primarily a trail rig, go for low.

Thanks for all the advise i think im going to stick with RE and just install the y-link upgrade and build off my 4.5" probably to like a 6" or a little higher. I think im gunna keep 33's tho. I want mad flex so... Also i was thinking of putting a ford 9" rear in but is the explorer 8.8 a better option or?? Im going with a d44 up front.

Back