• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Miller Jeep trail on Monday the 29th?

99xjache

NAXJA Member #1289
Anyone want to go for a relaxing day run on Monday?
Say we meet at the truck stop off frazier off ramp at 9 - 9:30?
Aaron

It's my birthday, I'm sleeping in. :worship: Otherwise, I would be all over it, some other time.

Oh, and gas is a bust on my wallet, so prolly couldnt anyways. :mad:

silverslk said:
Do I dare ask........is it something my stocker could do?
I believe I've run that a couple times in the past with my stock yj. I just didn't know what the name of the trail was. It's been about 12 years....

Kyung

99xjache said:
Anyone want to go for a relaxing day run on Monday?
Say we meet at the truck stop off frazier off ramp at 9 - 9:30?
Aaron

Ya know... This sounds really good, and like exactly the break I need. Post up the specifics; I'm on for it.

is the miller jeep trail even open? i was up at gorman a few weeks ago (and drove by miller) and it was closed. What a let down for me and the people i was with. Just wondering if you know its open for sure?!?

last i called, about 1-2 weeks ago the forest service said all the trails are open now. Just give them a call real quick before you guys head out to make sure again. Im thinking about running piru creek this weekend, but its still in the air.

I was going to go Sunday 28th but I could wait untill Monday.
Talked to the Forest Service last Friday 19th and was told it was open, but we had some rain Sunday.
I'll call and check again today.

Im in !

Yes Miller is open several clubs were up there this past weekend, they got rained on which made it all that much funner.
My only concern would the stupid holiday traffic on the way home but eh whatever...

Stock rig should do fine, their are by passes for the two "rocky" if u will, obstacles.

tcm glx said:
where is miller jeep trail??

Typical meeting place is the Flying J Truck Stop. I-5, Frazier Park Exit.

Latitude: 34°49'03"N
Longitude: 118°53'07"W

Google Map

Yeah... it can be done in a stocker. You are going to want rock rails and you WILL need tow points front and rear.

Andy Steiner said:
Typical meeting place is the Flying J Truck Stop. I-5, Frazier Park Exit.

Latitude: 34°49'03"N
Longitude: 118°53'07"W

Google Map

Yeah... it can be done in a stocker. You are going to want rock rails and you WILL need tow points front and rear.

Thanks Andy.
Let's meet at the Flying J and be ready to leave for the trail @ 9:00am. I will be there around 8 for breakfast in the diner.

Rugged,
I usuall take the 118 to the 405/5 then on up. That is usually the quickest way to go. On the other hand, on the way home the 5 can be a pain in the ass through Valencia all the way to the Valley. Thats when I take the 126 back to Fillmore then cut through to Moorpark via Grimes Canyon.

Andy Steiner said:

Maybe I will have to wait this time around. I don't have any tow points (except rear hitch, if that counts) and no time to find some (unless pick a part has some this weekend (50% off!!!!) or get them on.

Thanks anyway,
Andy

Looks like we got a few going, great! Casm, Rugged, and RobertF.
I will have my XJ, one TJ and a pathfinder (2" and 31's). Should be a nice little trip. We could make it a 2 hour trail or a 4 hour trail, level of difficulty does not change, however we will enter at the Ranger station instead of from Lockwood Valley. Its up to you guys, I have all day.

Aaron

Back