• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front driveshaft U-Joint Replacement

I bought a u joint/ball joint press from Harbor freight on sale for $20, It's fine for the amount of use I give it. I think it works great, but I've never used any others. It's on sale now for $19.99.

Bent said:
I bought a u joint/ball joint press from Harbor freight on sale for $20, It's fine for the amount of use I give it. I think it works great, but I've never used any others.

I just did mine in my front driveshaft (all three really). I used two sockets and a vise. I don't really see the need for a special tool for that.
gen068.gif
Personal opinion I guess.

Last edited:
RCman said:
I just did mine in my front driveshaft (all three really). I used two sockets and a vise. I don't really see the need for a special tool for that.
gen068.gif
Personal opinion I guess.

So you take a bench vise out on the trail with you? :)

xjohnnyc said:
So you take a bench vise out on the trail with you? :)

Yes, I seriously do. My father runs a machinist shop so I got an older bench vise and flat steel work surface for nothing (both weight about 35lbs). They were going to get rid of it as it was to 'off' for them. It was going to cost more time in man hours to have it re-grinded/surfaced than to purchase a new one. However it works fine for me cause I don't need anything to the 0.002" it is off. :D

Back