• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i mount up king 2.5 piggyback shocks in the front.

HandBuiltXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok, here is what i have

93 xj
re 6030 3.5" lift with new leaf packs and sway disconects
31x10.5x15 tires on stock steel rims

i flexed it out last night to see what travel i need.

the following measure ments are from stock front shock mounting locations, from the plate at the bottom to the hole for the stud at the top.

sitting level 21.25"
flexed to full droop 26"
flexed to full stuff 16" but still 1/2" away from bump stop so there is still a little more in theory that it could compress.

I have a set of king 2.5" piggyback reservoirs in 10" stroke for the front. they measure 18 3/8" eye to eye compressed, and 28 3/8" eye to eye extended. i tried to mock them up in there last night but am running out of ideas. I would like to see some examples before i start cutting up my rig to fit them.

do you all think i might have to go longer shock to keep from bottoming it out? maybe a 12" stroke would give me some room for error on measurements.

john

Last edited:
ok, i decided not to run thes so i am going to put them up for sale. I figured at least one person would reply......I am going to go with the bilstein 7100 10" short body all around, they will fit in stock locations... that is a big plus... now i got to figure out my valving. i guess i will start a new thread on that one.

john

i have been through that multi page one about valving... but that thread is old, i figure there might be some fresh info and maybe more people running these on a chase style truck like mine is...

john

These two widgets are made for attaching 'race-style' shocks to the XJ factory mounts.

http://www.jksmfg.com/shock_adapter.htm

http://www.jksmfg.com/bar_pin_adapter.htm

Jes is running the 275/78 valving ... quote from a PM a couple weeks ago:

Originally Posted by woody:
"Which ones (Bilstein 7100 short-bodys) are you running and how did ya like the valving?"
Jesse's reply:
"Bilstein 14" travel with 275/78 valving. Happy with them."

The next (and most) stiff valving they offer (without going custom) is 360/80 which may work better for extended go-fast conditions, at the expense of low-speed performance/comfort.

bar-bp1005.jpg

Back