• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Vibration at Idle I know its not an xj issue

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
guys :

im asking this here because the grand cherokee association does not have the knowledge base that this forum has and there is enough commonality going here.. anyways

my 00 WJ stock 4x2 with 4.0 and the 42RE transmission started having a noticible but slight vib at idle only in gear... like the load of the transmission being in gear causses the vib it dissappears under throttle... im thinking engine/tranny mounts but both appear fine... its def a differnt mount then the XJ.. .what ever it is its transmitting mainly thru the steering collumn and the wheel

i put it in gear and had it idleing and crawled under and felt a slight vibration on the tranny pan but could not tell if it was any differnt from when it was in park...

any thoughts??

OK, at idle in gear at a stop light, foot on brake it makes a vibration.
Vibration goes away on accel, does it come back when you coast ?
If so I'd look at motor mounts.
You can take a long screwdriver and holding it against say an oil pan put it up against your ear and it will transmit sound, same as a stetscope.. just don't run yourself over....

Drove it to work today... it goes away anytime the vehcile is moving ... only stationary idle in gear.... weird?!?!

Back