• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ford radius arm question

jeep_87_cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
i have searched and looked at the improvements you can make to the factory radius arms, but they dont seem to advanced for my build, so i was wondering is there anyone or any company that makes STEEL "C"s for the ford radius arms ??? , like if you wanted to custom fab up the whole arm but purchase the "C" portion that holds the bushing, has any one heard of what im trying to explain ??? , or know where i can get them. thanks

Last edited:
Use the factory portion of the arm and weld on to it. The ones I have are forged, not cast, so welding is not a problem.

I recently brought this up. I even called Cage and Jame Duff and there response was buy our arms. The end piece is a forged piece. I have been unable to find out who makes it for them.

Ghost said:
I recently brought this up. I even called Cage and Jame Duff and there response was buy our arms. The end piece is a forged piece. I have been unable to find out who makes it for them.

It will continue to be that way, I am a Cage dealer here in Louisville, and talking to Scott on the phone he says that the majority of the price in their arms are those *C's* I already tried to buy them seperate as well. but their arms are TOP NOTCH>
J

buggy0050yo.jpg

why cant you find any "advanced" enough??? search cat.

Scrappy said:
buggy0050yo.jpg

He was not looking for that and if you dont know to search for cat you will never find that picture. I know bc I had to be told that too. He is refering to an adapter that will bolt to the housing like the arms do. IE Cage & Duff.

STEELFISH said:
It will continue to be that way, I am a Cage dealer here in Louisville, and talking to Scott on the phone he says that the majority of the price in their arms are those *C's* I already tried to buy them seperate as well. but their arms are TOP NOTCH>
J
If you know the Cage guys can you get me the manufacturer's name so I can get them to start casting them for me?

Scrappy said:
buggy0050yo.jpg

yea i like those arms, i dont mind that they may be prone to being smacked on some rocks, but i build arms with some THICK tubing -

i just need to find out if my arms are forged or cast, thay are off a '79 Bronco so does ne one know what material they would be ?

thanks for the suggestions

weird, i just searched cat, in both the key word box, and the user name box, and came up with nothing... is there some trick to it, i like these arms

radardog said:
weird, i just searched cat, in both the key word box, and the user name box, and came up with nothing... is there some trick to it, i like these arms

Man are you going to regret this post :D

What he was implying was search in the Advanced Fabrication category (cat. being an abbreviation......)

Hope you got a tough skin.....

Just remember that we do it in fun, not to hurt you.

:looser: Well, maybe just a little

:D

non-stick said:
Man are you going to regret this post :D

What he was implying was search in the Advanced Fabrication category (cat. being an abbreviation......)

Hope you got a tough skin.....

Just remember that we do it in fun, not to hurt you.

:looser: Well, maybe just a little

:D

Hrmm... well now that you clarified that i found it... in my defense it was 430 in the morning when i posted that, and one of the guys above did say to "search for cat"

Last edited:
jeep_87_cherokee said:
i just need to find out if my arms are forged or cast, thay are off a '79 Bronco so does ne one know what material they would be ?

78-79 will be cast into the tubes

You can work with the stock ford radius arms. One easy way is by adding material to the sides of the arms and sleeving it with square tubing.

Back