• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aftermarket rear bumper, wrap around style

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
my rear quarter panels are trimmed up and i've been looking for an aftermarket bumper that wraps around to protect those lower quarters. i'm not talking about the c-rok bumper that has built in plates that cover the lowers, but something that acts as a rock rail, and slips under the rear quarter panel... does that make sense? basically something like Incredible Hulks rear bumper!

-b

Im going to build one for Matt, but I gotta get ahold of him and go over a design plan with him. He wants the same design. He also wants tail light protection. I better call him tomorrow. :doh: Ive been beating around the bush.

Other than that, I don't know who sells one.

I built one like that last year for a friend/customer.

i27938890_78135.jpg

i28287328_87610.jpg

The filler plate/cover is removable.
i28287340_72403.jpg

These supports go from the end of the wrap-around in to the subframe.
i28287344_53812.jpg

i34582301_26478.jpg

Rigid makes one. I just mounted mine up this weekend. Terry makes great stuff if you can wait for it.

bobnoxious said:
I built one like that last year for a friend/customer.

i27938890_78135.jpg

we are doing a wrap around bumper for myself. We tied the bumper/tire carrier into the 8 stock bumper locations, and the 8 hitch locations. I think we might steal your idea for the wrap around protection bolting back into hte framerails. Any problems taking the bumper on and off with those supports there? Also, it looks like your shackle tabs are also your lower supports, but what do they bolt to? it cant be the hitch mounts, because yours are horizontal. More info on your mounts would be great!

NCCherokee said:
we are doing a wrap around bumper for myself. We tied the bumper/tire carrier into the 8 stock bumper locations, and the 8 hitch locations. I think we might steal your idea for the wrap around protection bolting back into hte framerails. Any problems taking the bumper on and off with those supports there? Also, it looks like your shackle tabs are also your lower supports, but what do they bolt to? it cant be the hitch mounts, because yours are horizontal. More info on your mounts would be great!

The supports bolt to the bumper as well as the sub-frame, so they're not an issue removing/installing.

The main lower supports bolt to the 2x2x1/4 angle I bolted to the hitch mounting area.

i27536574_12505.jpg

i27536587_91740.jpg

i27536611_46182.jpg

Back