• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally, some quality work time with my jeep

GottaBeJeep

NAXJA Forum User
Been so stinkin' busy lately that I haven't even had time to change the oil in my own jeeps. I finally got caught up, and with this Memorial Day wheeling trip coming up this weekend, I needed to get some work done. I still have a lot left to do before this weekend, like mounting up my sliders, skids, and new bumpers, but I'm getting there. I took all my armor off to repaint everything. Finally got to finish painting my rear quarters and lower doors, and remounted my quarter panel armor. Also had some of my Jeep Liberty rear bumper extra parts laying around, so I decided to put them to use, make a few changes, and build a rear bumper. Had one of my Liberty customers over last week, and he got to messing around with his light bar figuring out how to run his CB antenna through it, so I snagged it while it was off and threw it on my junk. :rofl: Just a little bit of modification, and it would mount right up.

OK here are some pictures. I'll have more completed project pics after this weekends wheeling trip.

100_2338.jpg

100_2342.jpg

100_2355.jpg

100_2354.jpg

100_2357.jpg

100_2358.jpg

Got some more painting done today. My header panel, grill and bumper were all chipped up and looked like carp, so I took the whole front end apart and repainted the header panel white, the grill with Black Rustoleum Hammered on top of the old Duplicolor bedliner it was sprayed with before and gave an awesome looking texture, and I painted the front crossmember black hammered as well, because it was a pretty nasty dirty white color. I'll get a new front bumper put back on soon along with the rear bumper.

I don't have any good before shots that I can find right now of the chipped up front end, but here is an after shot. The white isn't a perfect match, but it is close enough for now.

100_2520.jpg

I just want to thank you for making me HAVE to find a KJ lightbar. Very cool looking, almost like it was supposed to be there and they slapped it on the liberty. BTW what work was needed to modify it to fit?

Hell yea! Light bar looks killer! I've been wanting to do this ever since i saw it on a liberty...i'm not feelin the 3 extra cross bars on the roof rack though looks like its too much of something in my opinion but thats just me

Wow, talk about an old thread. I just preferred the look of five instead of just two. They also came in handy when I had to help out a busted tube buggy with 37" Krawlers, when I had to throw the spare on my rails to take it back up the trail to him since he left it in his tow rig. I used three of those rails for that Krawler mounted on a beadlock, and those three rails looked like they were in pain, so I don't think 2 rails would have liked carrying that tire too well up that trail.

Back