• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did I get lucky or, what?

Oatmeal

NAXJA Forum User
Me and a buddy took the day off today to go on (Pick-A-Part) Safari. Hit three yards, I was looking for some rear discs off of a Grand to put onto my 8.25. The first yard was picked clean, even though they supposedly, put the "new" stuff out on Tuesdays, took a drive to the next one (about 35 miles) found the usual crappy D35s under a few Cherokees (no Grands) and a couple of disc brake 8.8s....Hmmm, then....I found the Holy Grail, a complete 3.55 geared D44 with a pretty tight TracLok (big whoop but, it'll do till it gets regeared with a Detroit.....eventually) well, not entirely complete, someone had taken the yoke (damn!) but, I pulled one off of a D44 from a fullsize (SJ) wagoneer (Hah!) Grand total $125! Now, my question: I have a front shaft from an AW4 equipped Cherokee and was going to do a hack and tap for my 8.25 so, is this set up still going to be the right length for my D44?.......Hans

8.25 and D44 have similar pinion lengths. You should be okay.

Thanks, guys. What's a fair price to ask for my 3.55 open 8.25? It's in my '96 so, I'm pretty sure it's a 27 spline. Haven't pulled a shaft to confirm it, though-------Hans

Back