• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cherokee lift

totalvideo2

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, i have a question that pertains to my lift kit. I have an old man emu lift with some pucks and shackles that rockets it up to a whole 3.5 inches. I am still using the stock control arms and was wondering if i should replace the stock lowers for better handeling and ride quality?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
depends, hows ur handling and quality now, im guessing that getting new ca's would improve it, but i dont no if they are necessary. if you buy any, and your on a tight budget, just get lowers, itll save ya money, and u dont really need them at 3.5. if your comfortable now and dont plan on goin higher, you should be ok, you might rub the rear end of the front fenders when at full lock depending on what tire u run, (w/o the ca's of course.)

i would say, go lowers, dont really worry about uppers, they just push the axle forward and at 3.5 you should be fine

this doesnt answer your question but i have the ome kit and was thinking of getting 1.5-2" more from a BB. What tire size are you able to run and what did you need to work w/ the BB?

the 3.5" kit?? so around 5 inches, dont commit unless you want to spend your money. what year is your jeep, what are you looking at doing, daily driver, trailor queen...
when i first thought about liftin my jeep, i wanted 8 inches and 35s and thought it would be soooo easy. i started researching and decided 4.5 and 32's (33's for the hard stuff)

and it doesnt stop at the lift, oooo nooo. if your going to bb 2 inches onto a 3.5, which will get u about 5.5 to 6. your going to want to start looking at a slip yoke eliminator. longer brake lines, definately longer control arms. and depending on what tire you chose and how much fender trimming you want to do your gearing will need to be enhanced.
if you plan on running 33s stock gearing wont cut it. so your going to have to run 4.10's and lower if you want to be able to drive comfortably and keep your clutch running ok.

your brakes will be less functional because they were designed for the specific tire they come stock with. your gas milage will feel a heavy dent.

there are alot of things that you need to worry about once you break that bb limit of about 2-3 inches of lift.

in all, what year, how do you plan on wheeling, then decide if you really need the two inch bb or not.

edit: never mind i just read you have a 2001. definatley will need the sye the output yoke is different on the newer models and usually experiences major driveline vibes at above 3" of lift. NOT GOOD

Which leafs are you running that sits at 3.5 with shackles? Or did i read that wrong. Im looking at the 3inch leafs from OME and i have a 1.5 inch shackle so im hoping it dosent sit at3.5 when im done

Back