• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with lift

always_eating_mud

NAXJA Forum User
my 4.5 inch rough country lift came in yesterday, whats the easiest way to do it? put it on 4 jack stands at once? or the rear or front on jack stands then the other? also it says i need a stud extractor for the t-case drop, i don't have one or any money to buy one lol......wtf do i do about this? and how hard is it to bleed the brake lines?

How quickly will you need to get your Xj back on the road, is it your daily driver? If you need your XJ to get to work, you better not bet on it, for the expierience level you described. You will need at least two days.

$$$, have you thought about an alignment after you lift your junk?

Get some PB Blaster or Deep Creep for all your bolts, and Soak them for at least 24 hrs.

You can do the rear and then the front, make sure you have wheel chalks!

Search on double-nut on Naxja and Google. To get the crossmember studs out. Goodluck if you XJ has any age on it.

It's not hard to bleed you brakelines, any Hanes/Chiltens manual for any make should have the basic proceedure and instructions.

I think the studs on my frame rails are welded, but I have not messed with them enought to tell you for sure. But a cheap way to extract studs is to use two nuts. Put both on the stud and then turn them opposite directions to tighten them to each other, and them turn the bottom one the remove and the top to install.

always_eating_mud said:
my 4.5 inch rough country lift came in yesterday, whats the easiest way to do it? put it on 4 jack stands at once? or the rear or front on jack stands then the other? also it says i need a stud extractor for the t-case drop, i don't have one or any money to buy one lol......wtf do i do about this? and how hard is it to bleed the brake lines?

It's probably safer to do 1 end at a time. You will want to get an adjustable trac bar. The stupid little bracket sucks.
As far a a stud extractor goes, put a nut on the stud, then put another nut on the same stud and tighten the 2 nuts together. Then just twist the whole thing out.(for each stud)
Brake lines are easy, have someone help.
Put the bend in the lower arms on the axle side to allow for the shock mount to clear at full flex.
Watch out for binding of the 4WD shift linkage when you drop the t-case.

Oh ya, check the rear leaf packs and make sure that they are the right length. Mine were too short and I ended up swapping out the upper leaf for the stock XJ one. They will replace them if they are new.

i ahve exsperiance with engines just not suspensions but i think i'll be able to do it, i was gonna start after school, work till like 9, then take the next day off, im goin to get it aligned, its my dd, the only think that worrys me is doing the t case drop, do i definatly need it right away in order to drive?and should i have the back on stands then the front or put it up on 4 stands and do it? for the brake lines, since i order new ones, can i just take the old ones off and let the fluid come out?

If doing the T-case is the only thing that worries you then you are in trouble. Make sure you have a spring compress because the RC coils are long I know. They compress a lot but intially very long. Then another issue will be getting the bolts out of the leaf springs. another issue is breaking off the bolts that hold the rear shock in place. Yea I thought my Jeep wont take long it took 2 and 1/2 days.

Back