• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about doors (pic)

ThE HiV

NAXJA Forum User
So i have a little rust on the front drivers side door, and the middle of the drivers side rear door

heres the best pic i could find.

jeep%20rust.JPG

The rust on the bottom of the drivers side door is kinda bad, the seal that usually runs along the bottom of the door has fallen off becuase the metal is usually sits in is real rusted out. this makes the ride noisy. the rear door is mostly surface rust.

I dont have the tools patch these up...or the know-how... My questions is, should i spend the money to get them patched up, and repainted, or is it more economical to try to find a new set of doors. If i was to go to a salvage yard and find some doors, how much do you think they would cost?

Also it seems like there is the door, and then a "skin" that is welded to it, and i think the skin is what has rusted. should i try to find new skins? it seems like it would be a pain in the ass to take apart those welds and put a new skin on though. any suggestions?

Ya 12 Gauge is right find another front door that is in good shape, dont buy skins that will just cost more.

And doors should fit many years, check out interchange first, most auto wreckers will know what year fits what.

I have a set of rust free front doors off of a 95. I will take $150.00 for the pair. For that price I will throw in a spare set of window glass and door pannels.

Back