• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks

zirzow

NAXJA Forum User
Well i have an 88 mj that i am just about ready to lift up to 5 inches. The only thing left to do is decide on some shocks. I would like a good quality shock yet doesn't kill the wallet. Its mostly a daily driver but it does see some trails. I would like to see what you guys have to say. I have heard the bilsteins are good but they come at a price also. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Right now i am running some Rancho RS5000 and they seem to be good shocks. There is only one problem. There are very few companys that make lift shocks for the MJ. Could i use XJ shocks? would they even fit? I know the front would but what about the rear?

do your lift. flex the jeep out, measure the length you need compressed and drooped, go buy shocks of the brand you want within the lenghts you want. :)

Back