• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! e-brake light will NOT come on! cant pass inspection

cleatus

NAXJA Forum User
:doh: My e-brake dash light is not coming on when you pull the handle, and MD wont pass the inspection on it till that starts working.
So far I have replaced the bulb in the dash (it lights up when you first start the jeep) and I have also replaced the switch that is at the actuall e-brake. But still no light!
Why Why Why is it the stupid things.
Anyone have any ideas?

91 jeep cherokee 4.0 4x4 2dr

found the problem last night, the wire had broke in half right where it splits off of the drivers side seatbelt, seems as though years of the seatbelt moving back and forth had broke the wire. Thanks for all the help, now I can go get the final inspection. And finally I can install my 4.5" lift.:party:

doodahman said:
Then it will be too tall to pass the inspection.:doh:

Yeah, I remember one of the MD guys on the Jeep list was getting lots of grief about having his jeep lifted. The inspectors were claiming that the lift was not allowed, but could only point to a MD state trooper memo and nothing official.

wire the light to a switch and then hide it in an inconspicuous place and turn it on as you pull the e-brake :D if you can't win cheat

Back