• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA bushings.. which ones?

cal

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm getting ready to build new UCA mounts (my front end has none at the moment) .. but I do not want to run the factory UCA bushings again.

Can you peeps suggest a good 2 peice bushing that may make a good replacement? I will build a mount to accept it. I'd like to get a few part numbers together and head down to napa to compare them.

-Cal

I considered those, but want to go with something rubber. Everyone I know that runs the currie joints say they bind up and limit flex.

I'm hoping for a 2 peice rubber bushing that is easy to change and commonly stocked at parts stores. I may just have to bribe the local napa to let me walk back and go thru the shelf box by box..

I have a set of OEM replacements from Rusty, cheap at $8 each, (and expect them to get destroyed this season) and will buy a set of press-in poly bushings to fix up the shells I remove. (Mako is the only place I've found that sells those individually - I don't need a complete upper & lower poly kit)

IIRC JKS sells the 'factory' Clevite Silentbloc bushings

I'm going be running Currie lower arms that have a JJ at each end, and RE uppers that have their SF joint at the frame end... I went with the cheap rubbers just to have something on hand when I throw it all together.

Thats kinda my thought too. I'm making new lower arms using superflex joints at both ends, and have RE adjustable upper superflex arms.

I need to make new UCA mounts on the axle to raise them up a bit, and would like to use a nice two peice easy to r&r bushing instead of the OEM style.

I'd like to avoid poly if i can.

Back