• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

portland area shops

Loenards offroad. They are not the cheapest, but they are good. Leonardsofforad.com check em out

Not trying to jack the thread, but it's along the same lines.... Anyone know of a good shop to have U-joints done? Or is anyone in the area willing to show me how to replace them? My front axle u-joints are on their last legs. :(

mojojojo said:
Hammer and a old crappy deep socket work for me. it is really alot simpler than u think.

I've heard it's easy, but since it's my daily driver, I really can't afford to do anything wrong.

mojojojo said:
can u get the axle out? where abouts are u located?

Don't really have the equipment to take the axle out. I'm a few blocks NW of NE 82/NE Sandy Blvd. If the project could be done within a matter of a few hours, I'd be willing to tackle it with some guidance. Anything more, and I might as well let a shop do it.

I had my gears done at Evergreen Streetrods in Battleground. Guys have been building streetrods and hotrods for years as well as off road stuff. Like Leonards, not the cheapest but top notch work. We also did my front u-joints while it was in for the gears since the axles were out. The driver side wouldn't come out, even with hydraulic press, so ended up cutting up the u-joint with a cut off wheel to get it out. Was a pain in the ass.

Back