• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WATER SUCKS

inputshaft

NAXJA Forum User
yesterday i went wheel'n and got stuck unfortunatly it was in about 4 feet of water. today i was retightening all my bolts and i checked the gear oil in my pumpkins and found that i had water. i was wondering what i could do to prevent this in the future. also what can i do about the stock actuator that locks the front axel into four wheel drive. that stock thing sucks monkey nuts.

The rear breather hose only goes into the frame rail. You can reroute it with a longer hose to the engine compartment. check the gojeep web site for a write up.

inputshaft said:
i was wondering what i could do to prevent this in the future.
Stay out of the water. :D

inputshaft said:
also what can i do about the stock actuator that locks the front axel into four wheel drive. that stock thing sucks monkey nuts.
I'm assuming your XJ is pre-1991 model year. Search for 'posi-lock', 'posi lok' and similar spellings to learn about turning your vacuum-engaged axle into a manual, cable-engaged axle.

search for others outlooks on the 4x4 posi lock actuator........my experience is that it left me wondering still if my axle was locked......now my cable awaits coversion to a throttle control for OBA/OBW purposes and my 2 piece is a 1 pieceaxle......good luck.........also search to find the switch modification that allows you to manually control the vacuum line ... it sounds like the better way if you need to keep the 2 piece for now.....same goodluck.
Mike

Last edited:
pitboss said:
search for others outlooks on the 4x4 posi lock actuator........my experience is that it left me wondering still if my axle was locked......now my cable awaits coversion to a throttle control for OBA/OBW purposes and my 2 piece is a 1 pieceaxle......good luck.........also search to find the switch modification that allows you to manually control the vacuum line ... it sounds like the better way if you need to keep the 2 piece for now.....same goodluck.
Mike

sorry to hikack but wrer did you get your info on your 2-1 conversion ? have you havd any problems with it ?

Back