• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'90 white XJ Can anyone advise name of carpet color?

Sand-Dog

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '90 white XJ that has a carpet in need of replacement. It looks kinda gray but kinda blue as well. Looking at the colors on the replacement carpet websites, I cannot determine which color ro order. Can I get the carpet color off the VIN? Can anyone advise which color to order?

Re: '90 white XJ

You can get a build sheet from your dealer (from your VIN) that will tell you all the options your Jeep came with from the factory. I'm assuming that the build sheet will tell you your carpet color. My Jeep came with no carpet, so my build sheet obviously doesn't tell me the color.

Personally, though, if you're tearing out the carpet, I'd recommend laying down a coat of bedliner in its place, especially if you wheel your XJ.

The build sheet for my Comanche doesn't say anything about color of the carpet. I recommend that you buy your carpet from someone that will send you samples. I bought a carpet off of e-bay and it doesn't match the old one perfectly. I just got as close as I could from the pics. And I found that you can't really go by the name of the color. But, for my application it's fine, and just wanted something cheap. If I was more picky I would have taken the time to get samples.

Back