• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" Rusty's Lift

mike01166

NAXJA Forum User
It comes with the following

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] • 2 - 4.5" Front Coil Springs
• 2 - 4.5" Rear Spring Packs
• Front Adjustable Trac Bar
• Lower Control Arms
• Transfer Case Drop Kit
• Brake Line Extension Kit
• Front Sway Bar Extensions
• 4 - Rusty's Hydraulic Shocks
• Complete Instruction

I was thinking about buy this but the price seems low.

What is your guys experience with This lift kit from rustys. Will the kit contain everything I need or will I need to buy more parts for it.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

there are alot of people on here that dont like rustys cause of their service. I personally do like them. Back in february i put this kit on my jeep and love it. I didn't have to buy anything new for it.

I have that lift and have no complaints about it. You will need to trim and bumpstop the front if you plan on running 33's though. Ditch both swaybars and you're good to go.

p13-1146408006.jpg

Ex CCS Racer said:
I have that lift and have no complaints about it. You will need to trim and bumpstop the front if you plan on running 33's though. Ditch both swaybars and you're good to go.

p13-1146408006.jpg

Nice jeep man, but you might want to think about moving.

Get the shock boot, Sway bar discos insted of the drop, and the heavy dudy track bar mount. I would have gotten the UCA also.

P1270002.jpg

the springs are nice, the adj CA's are iffy, but i think yours will be fixed length.

I was pretty happy with Rustys until he was an a$$hole to deal with when the driveshaft I got from them was too long. They do charge an arm and a leg for shipping too. Other than that their stuff has worked well for me, and I like the fact their website is easy to navigate and order what you want.

Other things you should get:
- As mentioned forget the sway bar drop brackets and get sway bar discos
- SYE, CV driveshaft (Rusty's does have a decent price on this, and where I got mine from)
- longer rear brakeline, the front line relocation bracket works OK if you bend the hard lines straighter
- Upper control arms

I bought their adjustable trac bar an HD mount for my xj to upgrade my skyjacker one. I love it. I do agree that their shipping is way to much for what it actually costs to ship it.

i don't know much about rusty's but i recently bought a hecthorn 4.5 system and I love it the only thing i was un happy with was the sway bar discos because when u diconect the sway bar it just flops down so i had to make a bracket to hold it up. the other thing is that my buddy helped me put on my lift and he did the passenger side and when he put the shock on he didn't tell me that the boot was rubbing on the exhaust so now i have a melted shock boot. i don't see any way around that short of rerouting the exhaust. other than that the heckthorn(rough country) lift is great.

A t-case drop is SUPER easy, unless the studs have frozen into the frame rails. That can make it more interesting, and not in a good way. :D

I had that problem and ended up having to use a monkey wrench to reef them out. PB blaster or heat are your friends.

awesome, any other tips? i need to find something to put under the jack stands since they will most likely not be high enough, in was thinking of useing cinderblocks, think it will hold? and for the t case should i lower it with the jack?

i have the 4.5 with the aal and it sagged in the back. but the front is really pretty good. before you put it on pressure wash it all and spray everything with pb blaster or kroil. it will make it a lot easier.

Back