• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with codes

ABN146

NAXJA Forum User
The check engin light has turned on and off twice now in the last month. So I checked the codes and this is what I got.

P1698: PCM fault No CCD messages from TCM

P107: MAP/ Barometric pressure circuit low Imput

P320: Ignition Distributor enginespeed imput circut malfunction

I tested the MAP sensor with a volt meter and it falled the test... That is if I did the test correctly.

I have no idea where to go with the other two codes and I can not find them in my FSM.

I'm hoping someone can translate the P1698 and P320 for me and tell me what I should do or at least in what direction I should be looking. Or maybe these two codes are nothing to worry about.

I would first check vacuum lines, they break often and can give bad readings and codes. I had same problem until i put new lines on, and no more codes.

if vacuum lines are cracked there probly bad.

As for map sensors , they go bad easily, there cheap - replace it.

Thanks! I'm heading out right now to check the lines.

I think the MAP sensor is cheap on 96 and older but on my 97 it looks like it will cost at least $100.00.

It is a 97.

This guy at a quick lube place had a little radio shack volt meter and he tested the MAP sensor with the cable disconnected from the sensor. I think I read somewhere that it must be hooked up for the test. I am not sure how to test it when it is still hooked up the FSM is not very clear on this. I plan to get a volt meter soon.

testing is assuch - with the ignition on and engine off, put one probe(from volt meter) on terminal "A"(should be marked on MAP) and otherone on "B" - the voltage should be around 4 to 5 volts. and about 2 volts with engine running. And voltage between "A" and "C" with the ignition on and engine off should read 5 volts.

Back