• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The US Forest Service needs your help!

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
As you may be aware the Jeep Jamboree will be in Big Bear next weekend, unfortunatly some of the trail leaders / tail gunners for the Jamborees don't follow the rules. A lot of times there will be some trash left and just about always they will CalTRANS the trail (stack rocks to build a ramp over obsticles) and not remove them upon completion.

What we're looking for is a monitoring posse. Basically you'll be tailing them and helping to keep them honest (a lot of times all they need is the presence of somebody behind them to follow the rules) and fixing things they might mess up along the way.

Meeting point will be the Big Bear Ranger Station on the North side of the lake (North Shore Drive / Hwy 38, +/- 1 mile West of the Standfield Cutoff) at 8.00 AM on Friday, May 19th and Saturday May 20th. You'll be meeting up with Greg Hoffman, the Adopt-A-Trail Liason with the US Forest Service. He will be driving a white US Forest Service TJ with a tool rack on the back.

Thanks for the support,
Sequoia

PS - I am unable to attend.

Are you using my calendar again, or did you get the time machine fixed? If you got the time machine fixed, I want to borrow it.

:D

Last edited:
Oh! I didn't even realize what was going on there I just copied the dates from the USFS guy... I got the e-mail yesterday and just assumed it was next weekend - Don't rely on me to automatically know what the date is! :laugh3:

Oops!

GSequoia said:
Don't rely on me to automatically know what the date is! :laugh3:

Oops!

hah we know better then that, we know your having a good day when you can actually remember who YOU are.

Back