• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ park brake cable routing???

Cheropair

NAXJA Forum User
Using a XJ donor to convert my MJ from bench to console/buckets.

Have already dealt with the seat bracket cut/shift/weld problem, moving the mounts for the floor console was easy. Floor shifter conversion looks pretty straight-forward, just un-bolt and bolt other in.

Parking brake on MJ was cable/foot operated, brake on XJ is hand operated, and goes through console/floor. Length of rod is easily changed. PROBLEM - current MJ set-up goes through back wall of cab, uses a cable. XJ set-up goes through floor and there does not appear to be a straight shot for the rod to reach the equalizer.

Any ideas on how to make this work? Was the park brake in the console different for the MJ vs the XJ?

Don't know if the MJ ever offered a center-mount parking brake. If so it would have been in an Eliminator with bucket seats and a console, and it's been so long since I looked at one of those that I don't remember.

Back