• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Made some quick release mudflaps

Steve F

NAXJA Forum User
My stock mudflaps have taken a beating with bent bracketry and one mud flap getting ripped off. The other bent back and came down on a rock and got a hole punched in it by the tyre carrier. I decided to make some that were closer to the wheel instead of way at the back like all 2000 and 2001 models are. I also wanted them to easily come off before I hit the dirt so really these are just for the road and gravel and to cover any legal requirements since things are getting more regulated here in Australia.

Anyway, here they are. The bracketry may not look that thick but it's plenty strong enough even if I fold the mudflap back against the body, not that that will happen on the road though.

Mudflaps_001.sized.jpg

The mudflap is clamped between two plates with four bolts running through it.

Mudflaps_007.sized.jpg

And there is a bracket on the frame with an 'R' clip that gets pulled out to remove the mudflaps.

Mudflaps_010.sized.jpg

Here's whats left of the stock ones. Those brackets will get taken off, they were straight once!

Mudflaps_017.sized.jpg

Mudflaps_020.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

need4speedjp said:
Mud flaps for what
some states require the use of mud flaps on lifted vehicles

Back