• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'88 4.0 Stalling when giving gas

ocalajeeper

NAXJA Forum User
It started giving me problems the other night, anytime I'd push the gas down it would want to die on me. After some investigating I found I could keep it running if I gradually increased throttle but if I opened the throttle too fast it would stall. It also now takes longer to start up. I've replaced TPS, O2, cleaned IAC, new plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I can hear the fuel pump turning on and the fuel filter is only a couple months old. This thing is driving me nuts. Any other ideas? It does idle 10 times better than it did before, just can't drive the damn thing
icon_lol.gif

hey i have a 89 xj and im kinda haveing the same prob.when i idle it run at like 400 rpm and when i mash on it,it cuts out.and sum times when im going highway speeds it cuts out.but it dos it the worst when im at like 1500 rpm.i put new plugs and wires and a new pump and have re-placed the filter on the frame rail twice.its really pissen me off.im getting a new tps tomarow.any help or advice would be great.thanx

Back