• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel gage mystery

little_jim

NAXJA Forum User
the fuel gage on my 99 Sport has a life of it's own. It will behave 90% of the time, but will every couple days it will not work. It doesn't matter if it's the first start of the day. Most times, if it is going to act up, the guage will stay on empty and low fule light will light, but every so often, the gauge will start to work, then 'die off' after about 10 seconds.

I have taken the gauge cluster out, cleaned and waterproofed the two connectors, to no effect.

Are there any other connections that may be giving me an intermittent problem?

This is much more annoying than it is a real problem, but if I can make it go away, it would be a good thing!

thanks!

Jim

My friends YJ is like that, except, while you are driving... it goes from empty to full every few seconds, just going back and forth. It's super annoying! Don't know what the problem would be... just remember to keep track of your mileage so you don't run on empty!

If your fuel gauge is going up and down while driving, it usualy means a loose wire hitting ground some were.

Back