• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics of interior bed liner

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i didnt want to use the words "Rhino Liner" or "Herculiner" or that stuff auto zone sells, cant remeber the name. but i just ripped my carpet up, (not too much rust actually) and i want to truck bedline it. im not too picky on brands in picutures, i just want to see what it looks like in the interior. right now i have no carpet and no console in the jeep, just my shifter,front seat, and an ebrake and i dont wanna put everythgin back in til i fix the rust and line it. any pictures? write ups on the lining?

thanks
-jon

I've got some pics on my digi that I can download later on today for ya. I just finished that project. removed carpet, ground down all rusty spots, bondo'd 3 nickel-toonie size holes, scuffed up the surface, wiped it down, primed/painted with rust killer then bedlined...what a fun job...but the payoff is worth it.

I would like to see some action photo's of this project.
Just realized your from Maple Ridge, a good buddy is from there, and I was supposed to attend a wedding in Whonnock this summer but am now commited to a work matter.
Anyway, hope to see some pics.

DSC00054.JPG

DSC00056.JPG

my 'after' pics pretty much look like that too...it looks like you were a bit more thorough though. Still working on pics...
Ian

Beakie: small world eh? Maple ridge is a great community...starting to get higher crime levels though. Too bad about the wedding, I guess duty calls.

how long before the smell of the bedliner was gone?

What about laying down dynomat insulation in the front then rolling bedliner over it?? The dynomat is tuff stuff that would block alot of heat and is super sticky. Then the bedliner should protect that.

I'll be doing the liner this summer, I may have to try it.

I would use the liner, then dynamat. That way it is sealed, then heat -sound- proofed. I have not done this though, but that is how I would do it. I know from experience that dynamat really cuts the noise, and heat, my buddy has it in a 95 dodge with a cummins. loud engine compartments. .02 well, maybe its more like .05 worth :)

ya but if you put the dynomat over the liner then you would see the foil backing and it would get all torn up. If you put it down first then it would block the heat and noise from entering the cabin and be protected/hidden by the liner.

I just don't know how well the liner would stick to the mat.

ponyracer1 said:
ya but if you put the dynomat over the liner then you would see the foil backing and it would get all torn up. If you put it down first then it would block the heat and noise from entering the cabin and be protected/hidden by the liner.

I just don't know how well the liner would stick to the mat.

For some reason I was thinking that you might put the carpet back down, I see your point.

How to get the liner to seal over the edges of the dynamat would be a problem...unless you had...(fill in with good idea)

Back