• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bad starting

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
the jeep has been weird latley. vacuum/map.baro. sensor/ tb/ all beign gay. well i thought i fixed, and i kinda did, but now when i start it, it starts fine. but if i cut it off it has trouble to start again unless i pump the gas pedel. if i start it, cut it off, let it sit for a long time(go to school, go to a store, overnight, etc...) then it will start. but if theres like 10 minutes before each start then i have to pump the gas. could this be my starter? spark plugs? what?

Had something similar but only if I stalled while wheeling. Turned out to be a crappy Crank Position Sensor - Replaced it and all's good. As Langer says, pumping the gas shouldn't make a difference unless your flooding it. WOT will shut the injectors down and that'll clear a flood. WOT isn't the same as pumping I know but it's late...

Andre

Last edited:
I would also check the throttle position sensor.

Back