• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 sensor location?/ exhaust upgrades

JJ01XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased my second XJ, a 2001 sport. I was looking into exhaust mods but I dont want to set off engine lights with the o2 sensors. I have located 2 o2 sensors on the manifold but I can not find an 02 sensor behind the cat. Everywhere I check says that there is a downstream o2 sensor, but I cant find one to the rear of or in the cat. does anyone know where this sensor is. Secondly, if I install a banks torquetube header97-01 XJ, does it have provisions for the 2 o2 sensors that the manifold has and will it affect the computer to install it?

My 01 has four O2 sensors. The exhaust manifold has two mini-cats and a third cat, just in front of the muffler. Two of the O2 sensors are located above the mini-cats and two more below the mini-cats.
They are sort of hard to see from the top. View from the bottom, using a flashlight.

Both of the O2 sensors died on my 97 Dakota at 75,000 miles.
The XJ has 72,000 miles, so I'm expecting them to go soon .
It's going to take a bank loan to pay for four of them when the day comes.

Back