• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CALICO NEW MOON RUN

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
CALICO NEW MOON RUN

Ken (IMORTL) and I will be meeting at Calico on Saturday, May 27 @ 8:00pm, on the highway in front of the main entrance. We will be running the Calico loop at least once. There is a bypass at the entrance of Doran should we decide to start the loop there.
There will be a new moon so it will be DARK! Bring lights unless you have cat vision.

Participate at your OWN RISK, scorpions and venomous snakes are nocturnal this time of the year in this region. There will probably be an assortment of other creepy-crawly things skittering about, as well.

Expected low temp. ~62°

We will begin the run on CB channel 4.

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL NAXJA RUN.

Required equipment: All rigs MUST have the following:

First aid kit

CB radio

Front and rear tow points

Full size spare

Jack and lug wrench

Fire extinguisher

Spares and tools for your own repairs

Tow strap **no metal hooks**

Properly secured battery (no bungies, coat hangers, etc.)

Properly functioning seat belts for all persons in the vehicle

Flashlight w/ fresh batteries

Drinking water

Recommended equipment:

3” lift

Rocker protection

Slid plate(s)

30” tires

Limited slip differential

Sturdy boots

Flashlight for each person in vehicle

Extra batteries

Dress in layers

Hat or knit cap

All those who wish to join us will be doing so at their own risk and will be solely responsible for any and all persons and property that arrive with them.

Post here if you will be joining us.

:compwork: Web wheelers are welcome as well, although, you will need to supply your own satellite up-link.

TIM

Kejtar said:
;( ;( ;( ;( ...
Nice smile you got there. Do you floss?

Kejtar said:
... you bastards!...
That may very well be true, but don't act like we killed Kenny.

Kejtar said:
...I can't go that weekend!...
Get your priorities straight or blame it on the moon.

Kejtar said:
...Btw, are you guys gonna do lower Doran? :D
Judging from what I've been able to read...

Bent said:
...There is a bypass at the entrance of Doran should we decide to start the loop there.

...there is a good chance, a very good chance. ;)

I would like to run up Doran, including the lower section and then come down Odessa. Eat "lunch" and then head back up Odessa and then down Doran. The last few times I've been out there, I came down Odessa. Each time it looked more and more interesting to run "up". With the exception of the entrance at lower Doran, I think it has as much or more to offer heading up towards Bismarck Mine.
BTW, if John finds any more Fords stuck in the snow, he's on his own this time.

Bent said:
That may very well be true, but don't act like we killed Kenny.
But you did! :D

I would like to run up Doran, including the lower section and then come down Odessa. Eat "lunch" and then head back up Odessa and then down Doran. The last few times I've been out there, I came down Odessa. Each time it looked more and more interesting to run "up". With the exception of the entrance at lower Doran, I think it has as much or more to offer heading up towards Bismarck Mine.
BTW, if John finds any more Fords stuck in the snow, he's on his own this time.
Odessa actually seems to be more fun to run nowadays then Doran (with the exception of the entrance) but here's a different spin on it. One of these days I want to run through the entrance in the opposite directaion as that might be a blast too :D

GSequoia said:
Is this an official run?

:D

Why, oh why do I bother? Yes G, it is. It is officially not an official NAXJA event. Now it's my turn to ask a dumb question. Are you going to be there for this run, on time? Oops, that was two.

:kissyou:

Bent said:
Are you going to be there for this run. :kissyou:
if i can get a D44 with a 3.73 or a D44 with matching R&P for my D30 i will be there!

( so dont count on it :bawl: )

cracker said:

I suppose this means I'll be seeing you there? You do owe me a night run, you know.

;)

Bent said:
I suppose this means I'll be seeing you there? You do owe me a night run, you know.

;)

I do owe you a night run. Not going to lie about that. I do have a good excuse though. The wife is coming back on Thursday from being in China for three months. I will be spending every waking moment with her for the next couple of weeks so if she is up for it (which I highly doubt) and the jeep pinion yoke and leafs are done, I may show.

:wave:

hope there will be more of these...

i cant make this one... but hopefully a later one in the summer :D

Kejtar said:
I have a feelign that I should hold a middle of summer day run in that area again :D

:rolleyes:

JohnX said:
I figured as much :) Amy too?

Kejtar said:
I have a feeling that I should hold a middle of summer day run in that area again :D
Little afraid of the dark, :shiver: are we? :eyes: Or just the things that come out at night?:scared: LOL! Your secret is safe here on the internet.:shhh:

Bent said:
Little afraid of the dark, :shiver: are we? :eyes: Or just the things that come out at night?:scared: LOL! Your secret is safe here on the internet.:shhh:
Nope.... it's just that it was so much fun in 110+ weather :D

Kejtar said:
Nope.... it's just that it was so much fun in 110+ weather :D

You're an idiot :rolleyes:

Back