• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t case slipping???

oopsbilly

NAXJA Forum User
o.k. wheeling on the lake in the winter. Pulled a guy out in reverse, had to bounce him once. After that, while in 4 hi or 4lo i felt a slight slip almost like a clutch slip at a very frequent repetition. the more speed the harder the slip. Could this be the chain in the tcase slipping? 4wd still engages and front axles still spin, so i don't believe it to be disconnect(havent checked but being removed anyways).

If the t-case chain was skipping cogs, you would know. Its not a "slip" when that happens. Its more of a grind, catch, spin, grind, catch, clank, clank etc. not a steady "slip". I guess you couldve stretched the chain, giving you some drivetrain play that you are not used to. The problem with that theory is that you still wouldnt feel it because its still a direct connection to the rear axle. My guess is that maybe something in the front driveline or t-case is binding or causing resistance and the transmission is slipping while trying to overcome it.

sorry should have said ax-15 and a np231. Anywho like I said, havent checked the shift fork assembly yet. I've broke the fork and collar before, just waiting to install my one peice axle, that's probably it anyways.So has anyone tried the kit from yukon to replace the disconnect axle with a one peice. What I'm curios about is if the diff case seal is the correct one or not. Some kits I've seen have the wrong seal and I dont want to order the wrong parts.

Back