• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering wheel compatibility ZJ to XJ

DnD

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone explored the compatibility of swapping a ZJ steering wheel over to an XJ? My wife is totally jealous of the steering wheel stereo controls in my '98ZJ and wants to install this in her '97 XJ if posible. She does not have cruise so I thought I'd use those as winch controls possibly. The stereo inputs could be interfaced with an aftermarket controller like a PAC unit to work with her Kenwood deck.

Anyone? The search didn't cough anything up. :helpme:

Thanks,
Dave

I have definately thought of this, but it didn't ammount to much. I talked to the "head" service guy in my area who said that (at least for the '01 models) the steering wheels don't attach the same (i.e. are not interchangeable). So I dropped it.

The other day when I was ordering parts at the dealership, I asked the guy for a printout of both assemblies, and it looked to me like you could definately do it... so now I have hope again. I was just going to play around in a junkyard to see what the deal is, but of corse, if anyone has any additionall info for sure, it would be much appreciated.

.... mmmm.... steering wheel stereo controlls.... drool...

Back