• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

two stock gas skids=1 strong gas skid

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
so i happen to come across 2 stock gas tank skid plates for very little money. so instead of spending $200 on an after market skid i though i would just fab somethin up. i took one of the skids and cut off the sides of it so there was just the sheet that protects the bottom of the tank, and then what im going to do is press that onto the other one that i have and then weld the two together. then i might weld the sides i cut off back on but ill see tomorrow how well that fits together.

so the finished product should be 2 times as strong, or pretty close, as a stock metal gas tank skid.

has anyone done this before? its kind of unique but not really

ive already put two massive dents in my tank, and now if i fill up after ive been driving on empty for a while it only puts in about 14.5 gallons. so i think i might get a new tank first but i dont know i dont think it matters.

it should work with my hitch and if it doesnt its a good excuse to make a new rear HD bumper. :D

Back