• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yet another airsoft question

outlander

NAXJA Forum User
I've heard others that have done this say that you can hear the bb's bouncing around when you stop or drive extremely slow...like crawling on the trail.This has to get annoying???My thought is to use the smaller lighter ones like the .012g(or smaller) instead of the larger .024g ones in hopes to avoid these noises....my rig has enough annoying noises as it is!!!What are your thoughts on this?

Also as an alternative to popping the bead to put these in are there any valve stems large enough to pour the small bb's in or has anyone drilled a hole large enough to fit the bb's in and then seal it with a plug or small pipe fitting.....just wondering what the alternatives to popping the bead are.

T.I.A

Get a handful of them and drop them on a rubber mat.
It'll be quieter than that inside the tire.......

the only time i hear them is when i come to a stop. and it's not really "bouncing" around, they are more like sliding along the inside of the tire.

so whenever i come to a stop, you hear this 2 second long "ssshhhh". i think it's kinda cool. and if you have your music on even just a tiny little bit, or are talking with somebody, then you don't even hear it.

If i take my tire off the jeep and roll it on the ground in front of me, i can hear them. If i move faster than 6 feet per minute, the sound of crickets in the background drowns it out.

You might hear golf balls or brass bb's bouncing around, but you wont hear airsoft pellets.

rocklandxjer said:
y the he!! do you guys have airsoft pellets in your tires??
So it looks cool when you blow a sidewall out...duh

Self balancing... try a search. Tons of threads about the why, how's, and whatnot already going in here. I'll be doing it with my next set of tires. I had actually been wondering if you can hear them myself. Thanks for asking jeepdeepfreak!

Yes. Its a good way of balancing your tires if you tend to destroy wheel weights.

http://www.4x4trailhunters.com/article.php?id=18

I installed a set of 35" MT/R's about seven months ago, and am using 1000 airsoft pellets per tire (about 9 ounces) with no other form of weight. When my tie rod ends are in good shape, driveshaft happens to not be bent, the road is relativly flat and the planets are in strait alignment, i can drive 85 mph and dont get a vibe at all. The rest of the time I can drive my normal 65-70 and its smooth as glass.

Last edited:
I just put a set of 33" MTR's on over the weekend and used the airsoft bb's to balance them and I can honestly say my Jeep has never ran smoother. I used the .20 gram bb's and put 8 oz. in each tire.

Still would like to know if anybody has a better way to get the bb's inside without popping the bead....I.E. large valve stems to pour them in or by drilling a hole on the rim and then plugging it when done....

i put mine in at the tire store. I slip the guy working the tire machine $5 (which i normally tip him anyways) and after he pushes both sides of the tire on to the wheel - but before inflating it, i pour my cup of 1000 pellets into the tire. the first couple of times it confused him, but by now he knows to go get the beads off the back seat for any tire, and to scoop them out when he pulls a tire off the wheel for me.

I wish I could worry about hearing airsoft BBs rolling around when coming to a stop... My heep is so loud I can't even hear myself think... No in all reality if it bothers you... go to a local exhaust shop and have them fit you with a nice flowmaster exhaust... better yet just drill a hole in your exhaust somewhere... better yet... buy that cadillac someone else was talking about... I'll just keep my jeep and run stuff over and make lots of noises... jeeps are like women man... if they aren't making a lot of noises, you aren't doing your job :)

LMFAO!!!!

I see in your sig that you'll be running the same size ltb's as me soon.....are you doing the airsoft balance on them?If so how many oz are you going to use?

Last edited:
i put them in a set of 33x13.50 LTBs and i used about 12oz of the heavier pellets in each tire.. and those tires are so loud you wont hear them. the only time i heard them was when i rolled the spare around by hand...
i've heard golf balls make a loud enough sound you can hear as they spin down when you stop at a light.

Back