• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trxus m/t

Care to explain that Jeepster. I love my trxus

I've been running them for a while and love them, great on and off road. More bang for the buck than most comprable tread patterns. I'll just have to see how they wear though.

My first set were 34's. Replaced them with another set of 34's at nearly 50,000 miles, and kept two for spares since they weren't to the wear bars yet. Bought some 31's for the wife's ZJ the same time as the second set of 34's. Getting 37's very soon when my full widths are finished. They are extremely quiet for an MT, they are siped, aggressive tread, awesome in the mud and rocks, but my favorite part of them is they are extremely comfortable to drive with in wet road conditions, such as rain and snow. I couldn't stand driving in the rain with the MT/R's, but the Trxus cut right through. Two bad things about them, is the weight as mentioned, and the amount of weight needed to balance. For best performance on the road, I have found they don't need as much air pressure. I run them at about 25PSI on the road.

not to hijack but, anyone have the trxus sts? i drive 80% street, 10% sand, 5% mud, 5% rock. i was wondering if anyone had any experiences good or bad...

I would liie to hear more comparing Truxus MT to MT/R or BFG MT, especially from drivers who have had more than one brand; on-and-off road, and as DD. I plan on running 31, 32, or 33".
Thanks,

steveareno said:
I would liie to hear more comparing Truxus MT to MT/R or BFG MT, especially from drivers who have had more than one brand; on-and-off road, and as DD. I plan on running 31, 32, or 33".
Thanks,

Search here, Jeepin.com, jeepforum.com and pirate4x4. 99% say:

MT/R =rocks, dirt, no mud
KMs = mud and non sharp rocks, thin sidewalls
Trxus MTs = great all around in everything.

fordtech said:
I would also like to add tread life/mileage to the conversation please.

expect 35-45k if rotated every oil change

I weighed my 35's on 15x8.5 streetlocks with stainless hardware and 10oz of balancing beads and they are about ~96lbs. About the same as my buddy's 35x10.5 R 15 SSR's on a 15x8 canyon jeep wheel. Trust me depending where you live they are one of the best all around tires out there. Though my favortie was when talking to a guy whole more or less turned his XJ into a crawler and started comparing their performance to BFG kawlers......:confused1:.......they are two different tires design to do two different things. In my experiance for having an all-around offroad tire that performs well as not only a DD but a trail/rock/mud/snow/ice tire, you won't find a better one. Specially when it comes to mileage......rotate then every 3-4K and keep them at the right pressure and you'll get an easy 45K-50K miles out of them.

Steveareno,

Can't commet much on truxus or MT/R but I have 31" BF Mud's and have been extremely happy with them. I have gotten A LOT of road wear out of them also....going on 40,000 or and have about half the meat left

I have to admit that I have never check the weight of my tires before but I do like my Trxus MTs. I have 31"ers on a dd with 3.5" of lift. I don't have any complaints to register except that on the freeway (over 65mph) they bring on some minor vibes (worse at first but either they died down or I got use to them). All in all I'm pretty happy with them.

Truxus MTs are pretty good tires, but the STSs are junk, stay away from them! I know one girl currently running 33s on her TJ just because she got them cheap from a guy who had them on his TJ and didn't like them. He went to mikey thompson baja mtx, which do much better all around than the sts. Apparently the STSs are OK in snow and rain, but that's about it. I'm not even going to comment on their mud performance, just look at the tread pattern.

Back