• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Rusty's 3" Lift

rumdance

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I am in the process of installing the Rusty's 3" lift, with rear spring packs, to my 97 cherokee. The front went on without any problems. The rear spring packs are giving me a little more trouble. I have the spring pack in, and the bolts to the shackle and front spring bushing are in, however the center pin is not sitting on the axle pad where it should be. Its about 2 inches toward the front of the vehicle. My question is, how can I get the center pin into the proper position, so I can put the U-bolts back on?? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Step one -- be sure you have the spring oriented with the forward end toward the front. If so ...

You can't move the pin, but the pin in the spring is what locates the axle, so move the axle.

I tried to push the axle forward to position the pin, but the axle won't budge? I have the spring oriented correctly. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Eagle said:
Step one -- be sure you have the spring oriented with the forward end toward the front.

Eagle... don't they really fit only one way???? I just went through pulling appart and putting back together my rear springs couple times and from what I recall... there is no way to flip them around and mount them up....

Kejtar

Georgia Mike said:
Other suggestion: Disconnect the driveshaft from the axle :) This will help you move the axle around more freely.

Oh.... btw... carefull with moving the axle around... I have a crushed finger to prove that it's moveable but if it slips..... IT HURTS like hell...

Kejtar

We put the rig on stands...the axle supported at the pumpkin by a floor jack. No U bolts attached, and as you jack the axle up towrds the springs orient it to the pins. Generally you'll get close then just use a BFH or a good kick and BAM! It seats.

Thanks for everyone's responses. Now that I think about it, I think the reason the axle does not move too freely, is because I only had one side up on stands. The other side, with the wheel on, would make moving the axle a tad more difficult--Doh! Thanks all.

P.S-Does anyone know of any good sources for 4x4 parts in Canada? I'm in Ontario, near Toronto, and I'm having difficulty locating somewhere I can purchase parts and accessories. Thanks, again.

Back