• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 out of F100 (year unknown)

pperelman

NAXJA Forum User
Found D44 out of F100 (year????) that has outter bearings seald from the rest of the housing and packed with grease. Turns smooth and spider gears dont click when spining axleshafts.
Its 61" wide and perches 41 inches apart (need to be rewelded)
5X51/2 lag nnuts patter (could be redrilled). 31 splines axleshafts.
Has anyone delt with this type of axles ?
What are the good and bad sides of this D44?
TIA
Pit:confused:

are you talking about a rear axle!? I didn't think ford ever used a rear 44 in those trucks... you may want to double check to see if it's a 44. And the F100s are more like 66" wide. Oh, and I just reread you post, D44s are 30 spline.

are you sure you're not looking at a Ford 9"? they came in those trucks, are about 66" wide and have 31 splines. If it had a removable third member, it's most likely a 9"

If you are talking about a front axle, I am just as confused, as the D44 fronts also had only 30 spline and are much wider. If it is a D44 front, check to see if it's high-pinion, if so it's worth a bit. I got a HP D44 out of a 77 F100 and turned around and sold it for $550. It had discs, 297x joints, and welded on wedges, making it fairly desirable.

D44 out of Ford 100

Yes it is D44 and Yes it a rear axle indeed!!!
Sorry for mistypo 31-30 splines...its 30 splines.
I've read about those axels but have since forgotten that d44 existed in Fords in yearlier years...
It's 5X51/2 bolt pattern and It is not Ford 9 axle or Ford 8.8 axle.
I can tell the difference between D44 and D60 trust me...even difference between D60 and D60-1 ...in Some newer Ford vans...
Most of all, I had tape mesure handy and measured everything....
I need some valid experience of some one who has delt with that type of axle and knows its weaknesses and strenght
TIA
Pit :huh:

I found that axle 20 min after I saw a guy started pulling MJ d44

I was so upset....It happened at pull a part .....Well, will keep looking....
:(

Back