• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

unit bearing swap problems!!

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
Hub assembly swap problems!!

I think that is what they are called. Ok, I have been at this all weekend and it is really beginning to piss me off. I swapped in some bigger cv-axleshafts from a 98 grand cherokee. Had problems getting the brakes off and now that I am almost done I have another problem.
The axleshafts still had the hub assembly on it so I tried to use them. No go. Bigger diameter than my old one so my rotor does not fit on. Tried swapping hub assemblies and they are different on the inside where it meets the axleshaft.
So my question is can I grind down the wheel that the studs are on to make my rotor fit or will this throw something out of balance? I can get someone to turn it down on a lathe but that is tomorrow afternoon and I was trying to get this done today.
TIA for the help.

Kim.

Last edited:
Nevermind. Cannot do this swap without the brake assembly off of the vehicle I got the parts from.

Kim.

Back