• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel hop

North

NAXJA Forum User
I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hi and see if anyone could help me with a problem my truck is having.

I have an 89 XJ with a 4.5" RE lift and 32" tires. When driving on uneven or bumpy paved roads my front tires start to bounce and the whole truck shakes. The only way I can get it to stop is by bringing the truck to a full stop. It's never happend at slow speed or on smooth roads. The last time it happend it scared me to the point that I have stopped driving it. I had a good look under the truck and I didn't find any loose or broken parts, anyone have any ideas as to what it might be? What causes wheel hop?

Thanks

sounds like you've got death wobble.
Do a search using the term death wobble and you'll find hundreds of threads with hindreds of answers.
It's usually caused by loose front end components, or improper alignment. There's no one cause for it, usually many components worn cause it.

Back