• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is harder? Rowher Flats or Big Bear

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
Talk amongst yourselves :D

It depends on what part of Big Bear.

Rowher is pretty tame from a lot of respects. Some if it, at the very end (or beginning, depending on the direction you run it) can be pretty interesting - but parts of Holcomb Creek and a lot of John Bull are harder.

I live by RF, come up and run it again sometime. If you don't bust a u-joint, you won't think it's so hard. It's harder with the gear you HAD than Big Bear will be with the GONNA HAVE. ;-)

bburge

bburge said:
It depends on what part of Big Bear.

Rowher is pretty tame from a lot of respects. Some if it, at the very end (or beginning, depending on the direction you run it) can be pretty interesting - but parts of Holcomb Creek and a lot of John Bull are harder.

I live by RF, come up and run it again sometime. If you don't bust a u-joint, you won't think it's so hard. It's harder with the gear you HAD than Big Bear will be with the GONNA HAVE. ;-)

bburge

I new you would chime in. ;) I go up there all the time still to test out my junk.

That fawking same hill on RF has claimed one u-joint/shaft, a 44 Warn Premium Hub, and a drive shaft of mine. I always seem to break there. :dunno:

I brought this up due to the disappointment I have noticed for BB. I took Aaron up there for a inaguaral run on my Dana 60 and LCA before I headed out to BOTW. I took him the good way ;)

Let me get a new yoke on my junk and we'll set up a little run up there.

cracker said:
What is harder? Rowher Flats or Big Bear :D

Depends whether or not you have reached terminal velocity prior to hitting one or the other; I believe that to be the primary determining factor.

cracker said:
I brought this up due to the disappointment I have noticed for BB.

Big Bear can be as fun as you wanna make it. There are two rock gardens on Holocomb that offer really hard lines (I think there is a line that even you might find interesting in the middle rock garden).

On the other hand BB is a place to go and mess around without too much fear of breakge ;)

99xjache said:
Just from what I've seen @ BB, I think rowher is harder, smaller, but harder.

I like Rohwer.... A hell of lot closer to home! only 35 minutes away (well without any traffic on the weekends)

Recent Gas Prices add into the fun factor :gonnablow .... Sorry just being a tightass...

Back