• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Actron Super Autoscanner

I have a similar one. The fact that your wanting to use this on an 01 doesn't really matter. It says it's OBDII. It'll work. Those are my thoughts.

It looks like a pretty nice unit, but overkill unless you're planning to diagnose other pre-OBDII vehicles too, and then only if they don't have alternative on-board readouts or you're in a hurry. The OBDI Jeeps, for example, will give their codes with a key sequence, and many GM's will do so with a jumper wire. If all you need is OBDII Actron makes some cheaper ones that will scan and clear just the OBDII codes. Of course if you get the one shown you'll be in a position to help out a lot of friends, including friends you didn't know you had.

The CP9150 SUPER AutoScanner Kit allows the user to retrieve and read OBD I and OBD II trouble codes, as well as display and read live vehicle data for faster diagnosis. Designed to be user-friendly, the tool can be used on all OBD II-configured cars and light trucks sold in the United States from 1996 to present, says company. Additional cables retrieve Non-OBD codes and live data for older vehicles, including 1984 to 1995 Ford; 1984 to 1995 General Motors (GM); and 1989 to 1995 Chrysler applications .

langer1 said:
The CP9150 SUPER AutoScanner Kit allows the user to retrieve and read OBD I and OBD II trouble codes, as well as display and read live vehicle data for faster diagnosis. Designed to be user-friendly, the tool can be used on all OBD II-configured cars and light trucks sold in the United States from 1996 to present, says company. Additional cables retrieve Non-OBD codes and live data for older vehicles, including 1984 to 1995 Ford; 1984 to 1995 General Motors (GM); and 1989 to 1995 Chrysler applications .

Should do everything I need it too and more. Just hope it works as well as advertised!!!

Shaggy's XJ said:
Should do everything I need it too and more. Just hope it works as well as advertised!!!
Keep this in mind, it's only a tool you still need to fix the problem is detects.
Many dealers use the scanner and a sales tool for parts.
An example. If your air filter is plugged you will get a High O2 sensor reading because the O2 sensor is doing what it's suppose to do.
Most places will replace the O2 sensor and air filter, if the customer wonders why they show them the Computer printout for proof and we all know the computer can't be wrong.
Don't start replaceing things because you get a code, it's only a olace to start trouble shooting.

langer1 said:
Keep this in mind, it's only a tool you still need to fix the problem is detects.
Many dealers use the scanner and a sales tool for parts.
An example. If your air filter is plugged you will get a High O2 sensor reading because the O2 sensor is doing what it's suppose to do.
Most places will replace the O2 sensor and air filter, if the customer wonders why they show them the Computer printout for proof and we all know the computer can't be wrong.
Don't start replaceing things because you get a code, it's only a olace to start trouble shooting.

Yup, it's just a tool need to access needed info to aid in diagnosing a repair/problem. It's also one of the reasons I was driving a full time 4wd 79 dodge club cab that got 8 miles to the gallon for so many years. All of this emissions crap is a headache....LOL

Back