• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear window defrost wire, where are they?

XJ88User

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I searched for this, nothing coverd the actual wiring might be missing or the option not existing in an 88.
I grabbed rear window defrost for my 88 from a 92. But I cant seem to locate any of the wires I need to click this together. I can't find the wiring stub for the switch up front under the dash. No mine doesn't have the big red connector I found on the XJ I pulled it from. I though the wiring harness was a standard one and they just plugged in the features on the build sheet, or is it just that the 88 didn't have this option?
The FSM says the connection should be there but the connector is defiantly not in the wiring harness.
Anyone have a clue if I'm just missing some small secondary wiring or do I have to go grab an entire front cab harness to get the right stuff?

Thanks
Andy

Here's the answer for all the future people if they ever ask, which i doubt. certain models (I have seen references to a 60) doesn't have these wires, the other style (model 70) does have these. I'm not sure were you would find this info on the body of the XJ you have. My biggest hint was no connector up front.
Anyway if you have a 60 like i guess i do you will need to grab a bunch more wire than just the switch, relay, and window glass.
Theres the answer if anyone ever asks.

Back