• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need a hitch......

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a class 3 receiver hitch that they would like sell to me.........cheap? haha I am moving moving this month and have to help my friend move his projects (and mine) in the next week or two. My stinkin jeep didn't have a hitch on it when I bough it.

Thanks
Andy

How much weight are you planning on using?

I've got a DrawTite hitch that I'm gonna get rid of in favor of an OEM receiver. Bolts with five bolts in either faux-frame rail. You'll need some nutstrips.

IS the Drawtite a receiver hitch? Why are you going with OEM? If its a class 3 it will be fine as I don't plan on trailering over 5000 lbs. I saw some nutstrips at the yard last weekend so thats not a problem. If it is a receiver hitch how much do you want?

Thanks
Andy

There are two reasons I want to go OEM.

1: The DrawTite interfers with the OEM skid and OEM exhaust.
2: The OEM receiver has more mounting points than the Draw Tite.

It is a 3" receiver hitch.

What is your timeline like? It's currently on the vehicle.

GSequoia said:
There are two reasons I want to go OEM.

1: The DrawTite interfers with the OEM skid and OEM exhaust.
2: The OEM receiver has more mounting points than the Draw Tite.

It is a 3" receiver hitch.

What is your timeline like? It's currently on the vehicle.

I was planning on walking around pick-a-part this weekend to look for one, last time I looked I found three ($35 !!) and next weekend they were all gone!!!! I keep kicking myself for not getting it that day but, oh well, haha

I would like to get one this weekend but next weekend would probably be the latest as we need to get a dolly and move our cars soon.

Andy

Well, I picked up the nut strips today (after 3 trips, they were riveted on!). I paid $18.00 for the two, what do they usually go for?

All I need now is to know what you want for yours? I live in Anaheim and don't mind driving your way to get it, if you have it off sooner. Let me know. I will PM you my cell number.

Thanks
Andy

$18 for the pair doesn't sound too unreasonable - they really do save you a LOT of time and trouble.

I'll give you the hitch for what I bought it for... Nothing.

As I said I think the soonest I'll have it off is next weekend - I *might* be able to yank it on Monday depending on how things go with the girlfriend (she's getting wisdom teeth cut out so I'm taking the day off to be a driver - If the procedure takes long enough I could probably jet by my mom's and grab the hitch).

I'll let you know.

GSequoia said:
I'll give you the hitch for what I bought it for... Nothing.

WOW, you jeep people (or maybe just NAXJA) never cease to amaze me :thumbup: :thumbup: that will help out HUGE with the move and all. Are you a beer or alcohol drinker? Maybe I can get you something? I sent you my number so just let me know........THANKS AGAIN

I am sure glad I got a Cherokee and found you all !!!!!!!!

Back