• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock rear tire carrier: anything appear to be missing from what is in this pic?

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
TuBxC444s9BSy6CjfTsXFJ5TFUwc.jpg

does anything seem to be missing? the guy is asking $110 for it and i just want to make sure it's complete.

I cannot comment on your question, but a buck-ten sounds high for a used and rusty stock carrier. At least to me. I would bet you could find one in a junkyard for less than that. You would also be sure it is complete.

Personally, I would find a used aftermarket bumper with a carrier. I bet the stock one will rattle and drive you nuts.

i haven't seen one anywhere around here in any junkyard, and every aftermarket one seems to be well over $400. I was under the impression that factory rear swing tire carriers were hard to come by and have read on here and jeepforum that others have paid way more. but thanks for the input

You could be right. I couldn't comment on the parts becaus I have never had one. Hopefully some others will chime in and get you some good info.

Does it have the backer plates? I found a used oem carrier that mounts ONLY to the bumper. I got it along with both front and rear bumpers, both head light bezles, marker lights and driver side tail light assm for 90.00.

$110! good god. I have one I'll sell ya for $40! It looks like its missing the brackets that go behind the bumper for the latch plate. If thats what the item in the bottom right corner is, there should be two

I put mine in with out the backer plate. I have the latch plate on mine with no backer plate, its just bolted onto the bumper. Must warn you about that carrier though, mine just broke on the part that is all rusted on the lower right cornr right where this one is all rusted. I'm going to have to get it welded up or a new one made. When it broke it scratched the hell out of the hatch and cracked it in the center (the tire hit the middle of the hatch and cracked it) so it looks like I'm going to have more fiberglass and paint work instore.

Back