• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering setup with leaf conversion?

Rockkrawlr

NAXJA Forum User
First of all, I'm new here so hi everyone. I've already tried searching for this and didn't really see what I wanted. I've done the leaf spring conversion and am still running the 35 and 30 axles, so wanted to know for people that still have those axles what steering setup you used and are you happy with it.

Fred

Let me also mention that Rustys Offroad is designing me a setup but it's been 2 weeks and haven't heard from them yet. So I'm still shopping I guess.

I agree with Brett.

There is never a reson to leaf the front of an XJ.

Particularly when you're running the 30 still. Maybe if you were young, kinda dumb, and perhaps drunk you could put a front 44 in there with leaves but I wouldn't recomend it.

:firedevil

Ok I asked for people running the same setup and I get posts dis'ing me for what I did. Look around the site...tons of other people have done the same thing for your information...see if they agree with you. I'm using the stock axles for the time being until I get the money for other axles. Btw, I'm neither young, drunk or dumb, thanks for the no help.

Man, I think its pretty cool what your doing. Sounds good to me, I actually wouldnt mind doing it. I'd maybe go get a D30 out of a YJ, its a High Pinion 30, but you have the vaccum disconnect crap, but you could replace that side with one shaft and be good. Good luck man!

Mine already has the high pinion reverse cut...and I've changed the vacuum operated disconnect out for the cable operated. Lift is done, sitting on about 10" of lift, 35x12.50/15 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws on Black Krawler rims. Front leaf set up is shackle reversal.

well if so many people have done it, then why don't you ask them.

I've yet to see a D30 front leaf conversion that came out even half decent.

I did mine on a D44 and am very happy with it.

picture53rk.md.jpg

Rockkrawlr said:
Hey Randy, was looking at your buildup pics...like that front bumper...any info on it, was thinking of fabing one up but that one looks pretty good.

that one was made by custom4x4fabrication.com

it's a decent bumper, but i have outgrown it and will be building something new (better approach angle and stronger) as soon as i have a chance

IntrepidXJ said:
that one was made by custom4x4fabrication.com

it's a decent bumper, but i have outgrown it and will be building something new (better approach angle and stronger) as soon as i have a chance
can I buy it when you're done? the rest of my truck is MWC hand me downs, might as wel complete it. Let me know.

Rockkrawlr said:
Ok I asked for people running the same setup and I get posts dis'ing me for what I did. Look around the site...tons of other people have done the same thing for your information...see if they agree with you. I'm using the stock axles for the time being until I get the money for other axles. Btw, I'm neither young, drunk or dumb, thanks for the no help.

Hey now, don't get bent out of shape... I was just poking a bit of fun at BrettM and his backward MJ.

Back