• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable trackbars

chrisjones

NAXJA Forum User
First off, hi all from across the pond in the UK.

I have a '98 XJ with a 3" lift, (which will soon be going up higher). At the moment it has a trackbar relocation bracket, but I'd like to fit an adjustable trackbar.

Now for the problem...................LHD adjustable trackbars don't fit RHD trucks and no one seems to make a good RHD one.

Has anyone modified a stock trackbar to make it adjustable and if yes, how did you do it and was it a success??

can you give more information about why lefthand drive adjustable tracbars don't fit/work in righthand drive XJs? Knowing why it don't fit or having a picture of "your's verses our's" might help us better know how to help. I'm guessing few if any on this site have worked on a righthand drive XJ so any addition info would be helpful.

I'll bet if you use a Teraflex Trac bar it would work. You don't have to change the frame mount, it bolts right into the stock bracketry. I'm running it with 6" of lift with no problems.

Thanks Mambeu, I'll have a good read of that.

The reason LHD trackbars don't fit is the whole setup is mirrored on a RHD truck, so the track bar mounts to the LHS of the axle. RHD trackbars foul on the diff 'cos they're the wrong shape.

I know of one company who make an adjustable one to fit a RHD truck, but all the people I know who have them have had them bend or even break.

The only alternative is to modify a stock bar. Just wondered if anyone had done it. I know it's a shot in the dark, 'cos you don't have this problem, but thought it was worth a try.

Back