• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 front

RyanM

NAXJA Forum User
im gonna get a 78 ford HP44. i want to set up the coil mounts like this, or bad idea?
this is crazy4mopar, i got the pic on Johnjohn's site. im thinking these are fabbed by himself but i want to know where to get some coil spring 4 link brackets. besides RE.( this is a bronco radius arm set up) i searched and got some great info. im just seeing if there is anything else that would help. thanks guys

xjfront44.jpg

now that i look at it, i don't know how the coils are seated with this setup. im also gonna run highsteer, not this UTK setup.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm assuming you just can't see the center pilot in the pic.
You also get a built in 2-3" lift with it. :D

It kind looks like the bottom of the coil are tach welded to those peices of steel... maybe my eyes are playing tricks, but does anyone else see that?

I think that's some sort of round retainer plate welded onto the bracket.

I'd worry a little about those welds out at the knuckle (if done right they should be fine though).

That's about what I plan to do with my Dana44 out of a waggy that's going into my XJ set-up on the Xota.

Last edited:
Back