• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear disc conversion

bigwillxj

NAXJA Forum User
My dad wants to do the rear disc converion on his 87 xj. He has the d35 non-c-clip. We noticed alot of ppl used the zj brakes but had to modify some bracket for the non-c-clip axle, but if you use a crown victoria bracket there is not modifying involved. anyone have any info on this?

bigwillxj said:
My dad wants to do the rear disc converion on his 87 xj. He has the d35 non-c-clip. We noticed alot of ppl used the zj brakes but had to modify some bracket for the non-c-clip axle, but if you use a crown victoria bracket there is not modifying involved. anyone have any info on this?

all fine and good, but why waste that much money and work on a dana 35? At least bump up to the chrysler 8.25 29 spline first... people like me are swapping them out and selling them for next to nothing everywhere... just my .02, then do your rear disc

Highlander said:
http://jeepin.com/features/cvdiscs/index.asp
I used this one... very little work. Just haven't gotten it under the jeep yet
Search around.... there are others!!!!

Marcus's writeup is for a c-clip axle, though and the bolt pattern on the non-clip D35 is different. I put Crown Vic brakes on my D35 non-clip recently. One of these days I'll do a writeup. It was mostly bolt on, but you do have to fab a spacer to hold the bearing in since the Crown Vic backing plate is thicker. You'll have to deal with the brake lines as well. I used a pair of stock right-hand side Crown Vic soft lines and redid the hard lines on the top of the axle to match.

I used the TSM kit on my XJ...I looked at a couple of other options and didn't like them because the backing plates trap and hold mud...the TSM is pretty much open...If I hadn't already installed a Super 35 kit, I would have gone to a 8.8

Back