• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbag..worth anything?

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
I recently removed my airbag on my 95 trail rig, wondering if they were worth anything? Its in great shape, just didn't know if there was a demand for these or anything?

Sorry to say theyre not worth more than like 25-30, but hey they are fun to blow up.

I had one I took out of a junker with intention to sell, but found out theyre not worth much since if you blow the bag on a 95 its got to have enough damage to be totaled

Since your rig is only for trail, then you have some money in your airbag my friend. If you feel the need to blow something up, make sure it's something cheap. If you blow up your airbag, you are blowing up something worth between $150 and $450. My insurance carrier required me to replace my airbag before they would insure my stock xj because it is standard safety gear on my model/year. 95 and 96 years use the same bag. Retail on that bag of yours runs $900 plus. You can find them, occasionally, for $250 at a salvage yard and if you are lucky, like I was, I got one for $150. You could make a new best friend if you let it go for $25-30. Or just blow it up and hope you don't hurt yourself. Put it on craigslist.com closest to where you live and see what happens.

Back