• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! read this please!

atreyuBLUEXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Golly Gee-Whiz! read this please!

ok, so i was under the hood inspecting and my anti freeze was low, so i put more in, while i was over there i saw that the coolant was low, opened it looked in, it was brown, a sac load of mud got in. i was like what the balls? unpluggeg the hose and took the bottle out, cleaned it, put it back, put new coolant back in. it was green again. try to start the jeep, doesnt start. oh wait, i dont have gas, put a lil gas in it starts with a lil struggle. go to the gas station give it a full tank, try to start it, nothing. try again, with a lil gas action, nothing. one more time. it started with struggle. do this bout 3 times to see if it will start on its own. its idling at like 1200 about now then will go down to normal. get home shut it off try to start again, nothing. try again nothing so i give it a lil gas cuz it kicks and all of a sudden black smoke starts pouring outta my snorkel (as i tap the gas) like farting crazy. i put down the keys and walked away in fear. what the frazzle? im afraid to go outsie and start it. what did i do wrong? what is this?

Last edited by a moderator:
wow... this is open forum, but I understand your pain... I am also guessing it has something to do with your head, gasket being the best scenario, but It's not sounding good... chuck and pray man

Last edited by a moderator:
high temps.... have you had radiator/cooling problems lately? Oh wait... how about brown coolant... yeah I'd say you have had a problem for a while that just came to a head... mud in your coolant is a BAD sign... that's the thing with snorkels... they'll keep water out of your intake manifold, but not everything else unless you seal EVERYTHING right.

Are you sure it's not oil? Just asking...

While I'm chewing on this one, let me just say one thing - "There are several decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing." If you're really honked off about something, write the post, and then go away for 10 minutes before you hit the "Commit" button and see if it needs to be toned down (also gives you a chance to notice other things that might be useful.)

This is, after all, an open forum. While swearing is not verboten here, it is somewhat frowned upon - and it makes you less likely to get an answer.

Check your oil to see if it's low, or if it's started to assume the appearance of "chocloate shaving cream." Just a thought.

5-90

5-90 said:
Are you sure it's not oil? Just asking...
Check your oil to see if it's low, or if it's started to assume the appearance of "chocloate shaving cream." Just a thought.

5-90

I never thought of that... it does kinda look like that after you play submarine... or the top of a mocha or something

Can't guess on the coolant and engine woes but the CEL might be a product of you letting it get too low on fuel and/or it triggered it if the cap wasn't tight possibly? As far as shutting it off immediately, I dunno what to tell you, if it was mine I would run it in hopes it would unclog or clear out anything that may have got into the engine. BUT then again mine is a '91 with 300k and not worth much. By far don't risk engine damage but wouldn't you need to see if a little oil or mud got in there and burn it out fellas? Just my stupid .02 Good luck though!

titan4u2c said:
Can't guess on the coolant and engine woes but the CEL might be a product of you letting it get too low on fuel and/or it triggered it if the cap wasn't tight possibly? As far as shutting it off immediately, I dunno what to tell you, if it was mine I would run it in hopes it would unclog or clear out anything that may have got into the engine. BUT then again mine is a '91 with 300k and not worth much. By far don't risk engine damage but wouldn't you need to see if a little oil or mud got in there and burn it out fellas? Just my stupid .02 Good luck though!

burning out a little oil or mud, maybe.... trying to burn out a lot could destroy your rods and basically every internal part of the engine... but if his coolant overflow was full of mud, that would probably say other things are as well

when i first bought my jeep. i had gunk in my overflow bottle, which appeared to be mud. but it wasnt. it was owned by an old man. i think that was just rust/corriosion/old antifreeze.

i flushed it and cleaned the overflowbottle, it came back-but not as worse. then i flushed it again and cleaned the bottle and swapped in a new radiator- clean green fluid ever since. i said it before but it got deleted. sounds like a warped head or blown head gasket? do you take care of it?

it starts up fine now, with out me having to press the gas. it sounds fine, runs fine, but the check engine light is on now. im taking it to advance to get them to read the computer and tell he whats wrong. i have no leaking fluids, it seems to be fine now, ima find out today.

replaced it,

its still gay.
im so pissed off about this one.

when i tried to start it htis time, i pumped the pedel slot to get it started, when it did start, it shot to 5500 rpm FAST sdo i turned it off fast and now im afraid to start it again

Back